Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Shall I Cleanse My Colon?

I subscribe to Dietwatch’s Daily tips. Today’s was the following. Personally, I think this would just make me throw up:

“Spring Cleaning

We’re talking about your colon here, not your closet.

If you’ve considered cleansing out your colon (part of your large intestine), you should know that not everyone thinks it necessary to do so; some health experts maintain that the colon takes care of the body’s waste on its own and needs no help. Others think it’s a remedy for illness and a way to keep your body healthy. Here’s one way do it safely, if you so choose:

Mix juice of a whole lemon with 2 T. olive oil and lots of cayenne pepper in 8-10 ounces of water. Lemon has a laxative effect, cayenne pepper stimulates the immune system, and olive oil helps the gallbladder and liver eliminate toxins.”

No comments: