My in-laws and their visiting friends were coming for cocktails tonight, and I needed something fast for dinner after. What to do with a fridge full of half-cooked dim sum? Add chicken broth!
Yes, this is my recipe for won ton soup.
Won Ton Soup
- Spray your favorite stock pot with Pam.
- Add one diced carrot, one diced stalk celery, about 1T chopped ginger, one chopped clove garlic.
- Cook till fragrant but not soft.
- Add one big huge can of Swanson's chicken broth (or the broth of your choice).
- Cook on low heat until steaming.
- Add leftovers from nights before, including: chopped cabbage, filled wontons, linguine, spinach wontons, pork/shrimp meatballs, and diced tofu.
- Simmer until meatballs are cooked through. Do not boil!
- If you made fresh wontons tonight from the leftovers, now's the time to add any beaten egg you have leftover.
- Stir in about a tablespoon of sesame oil and one tablespoon soy sauce.
- Top with fresh chopped scallions.