Monday, October 02, 2006

Complete this Survey on Food? Okay!

Every now and then I receive an invitation from Harris Polls Online to complete a survey. I rarely do so unless I'm on hold with a computer company or other group that likes to ignore its customers.

But today they asked me to complete a short survey on...yup, FOOD.

1) In the next 12 months, how likely am I going to buy a...fiber supplement? That's not food. Neither is prune juice. Or any kind of juice. That's a beverage.
2) How often do you read nutrition lables? Well...yesterday I was reading them on the cat food trying to decide what was less disgusting and better for them. Did you know there's a "treat" available called Baa Bits? And it's made with 100% lamb lung?
3) Do you agree or disagree that maintaining a healthy diet is important? Well, shoot, of course I agree. Now ask me if I do.
4) Do you agree or disagree that your lifestyle makes it difficult to eat right? It's not my lifestyle that makes it hard, it's my willpower. I'm weak. WEAK!
5) Another juice question. Tomato, grapefruit, cranberry, other.
6) These are NOT food questions! It was a trap to make me answer some sort of healthy-living survey!! On how many separate occasions would you say you watched news programs on TV during the past 30 days?
On how many different occasions did you do vigorous physical exercise during the past 30 days?

And the rest were demographic. Lordy. If I were to make a food survey it would have questions like:

1) Sweet or savory?
2) What is the best ice cream flavor in the world?
3) Do nuts belong in baked goods?
4) Do you own any vanilla beans?
5) How much would you pay for safron?
6) Do you know how to prepare jicima?
7) In the past three months, how many kinds of fruit have you eaten?
8) How many kinds of peppers does your produce stand sell?
9) How far would you drive for fresh seafood?
10) What is the most you ever paid for a dinner for two, wine and tip included?

2 comments:

Bon Vivant said...

1. Definitely savory.

2. Limoncello (technically a gelato)

3. If one doesn't have allergies they are fine.

4. Not lately.

5. Whatever Penzey's charges.

6. No. I dislike jicama.

7. 5 or 6.

8. About 7.

9. 200 miles but FedEx is better.

10. Well, for myself I spent about $500 at Per Se twice in one year - I still can't believe that I did it.

75 Pounds Lost said...

I never filled this out myself:

1) Sweet or savory? Definitely savory.
2) What is the best ice cream flavor in the world? Butter Crunch from Friendly's Ice Cream on the East Coast.
3) Do nuts belong in baked goods? NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER. People who put walnuts into chocolate chip cookies and then give them to kids should be hanged from their toenails until dead.
4) Do you own any vanilla beans? No, but today I shelled out for safron. I'm officially grown up.
5) How much would you pay for safron? Ha! I think I paid $8.59. I'm sure it's not the best.
6) Do you know how to prepare jicima? I love jicima, but I'm scared to make it.
7) In the past three months, how many kinds of fruit have you eaten? Seven, plus tomatoes.
8) How many kinds of peppers does your produce stand sell? Sigh. I live in California and if memory serves me right only nine plus the dried. And that includes the three colors of bells, but not the fourth, because there weren't any red bells today.
9) How far would you drive for fresh seafood? Only 60.
10) What is the most you ever paid for a dinner for two, wine and tip included? No more than $200. Seriously, I'm a cheap eats girl!