Sunday, August 21, 2005

Cooking for Your Husband is Easier when He's Away

DH is trying to be healthier...and some of the ways include cutting out meat and seafood, cutting down on sugars and fats, and even cutting down on spices like garlic.

For a garlic fiend like me, that last one cut me to the core. But I'm trying. I planned a stir-fry dish with just broccoli, carrots, snow peas, bamboo shoots and brown rice. Little bit of sesame oil, chicken broth and soy sauce. The Bug and I were going to have some shrimp on the side.

Got it all going, brown rice bubbling away in the rice maker. DH is off for a ride. More time goes by. And by. And by. Finally, I realize he's gone to a class but didn't think to tell me.

So...in goes a big fat clove of garlic, teriyaki sauce, shrimp, a little white wine. Very yummy. And no complaints from anyone. Could cooking be easier when you don't have anyone to serve?

No comments: