Sunday, August 28, 2005

Fajitas

With the frozen Costco Tri-Tip in the freezer, I made delicious fajitas. First, I barbequed the tri-tip. It was marinated in something I didn't have to worry about, and I grilled it for about 45 minutes total, some of that with the lid on, some off.

I also made
Guacamole (two avocado's and a package of the dry mix).
Grilled two big bell peppers and one onion in a tin-foil pocket on the grill: salt and pepper, a dash of cumin, a drizzle of olive oil, and fold it all up at the edges so no steam escapes.
Brown rice (with a cube of bullion and a pat of butter)
Black beans
Salsa Verde (Two handfuls of tomatillos (~8), handful of cilantro, squeeze of lime juice, a fat clove of garlic, shake of cumin, salt and pepper to taste, two shakes red pepper flakes...all blended up. No chopping involved. Let it sit for at least 45 minutes before eating. YUM)
All served up with chips, finely shredded Mexican cheese and Trader Joe's handmade tortillas.

My husband praised it. And the picky Bug? Sat down to it saying, "This looks delicious Mommy!" Ate a whole bunch and told me all night how good dinner was all night long. Plus, he got to toast marshmallows bt the grill after dinner.

Tomorrow: The Bug's thoughts on Saturn Peaches.

No comments: